Which wines are better?
The ability to choose wine is an art that only a few know. As in the preparation of wine, there are many small things and nuances in its selection that make this process difficult, which is why it takes years to learn this subtle science. But what about ordinary people, because we do not specifically teach this. What is the best wine to buy, so that it is pleasant and useful for the body to spend time?
The nature of the wine depends on the terroir - the terrain and climatic conditions in which the grapes are ripe. This is for wine natal card. Therefore, wines that are made from the same kind of grapes, but grown in different conditions, so different from each other in taste. Real experts can, from the first sip, determine the conditions in which the grapes ripen. The fact is that the warmer the summer, the greater the sun, the sweeter, richer and richer the drink is.
Millizymes, or fruitful years for grapes, in any wine-growing area are entered into tables, which professionals remember by heart, for an amateur, it is enough to make inquiries about the yields of the last several decades.
The most successful year of the century is 2000. Wine freaks this year are considered at least above the average. French wines of 2000 - are very highly valued, hence the price with teeth. For the wines that have gone astray in the Crimea, 1994 is one of the best years.
- Millions Bordeaux wines - 1990 and 1998. In Burgundy, 2001 and 2003.
- The best Italian wines, the province of Piedmont, turned out in 1990 and 1996.
- Germany was pleased with excellent wines, from the Rhine wine to the Moselle white dry in 1990.
- Millizyms of Spain come in the years 2001 and 2004.
- California presented an excellent cabernet sauvignon in 2001.
There are wines that are best to drink at certain times of the year: in the summer, chilled champagne or light white wine will be an ideal addition to dinner; in the autumn you can warm your soul with a glass of sherry or Madeira.
Remember, wine is not the main event of the evening, but its exquisite decoration, comparable to musical accompaniment, any self-respecting person should know at least the basics of enogastronomy - the right choice of wine for various dishes.
Principles of wine selection
When choosing a wine should take into account 5 basic principles that should not contradict each other.
- National - the country's wine is ideal for dishes of national cuisine: Ukrainian cuisine is combined with Crimean wines,For traditional French dishes, choose French wine, etc.
- Cooking - the recipe of many dishes provides for the addition of wine, and therefore the same type of wine should be served to the dish, so knowing the recipe of the dish should not be asked which wine is best to drink.
- Dominant - the dish and wine must be equal in strength. White wines are weaker than red wines - so they fit the light, delicate, low-fat dishes. Red wines will perfectly complement spicy, heavy, fatty dishes, such as kebabs or steak with blood.
- Motivational is the principle by which wine lists are drawn up: first, appetizing light aperitifs go, then aged wines for main courses, and digestives complete the list with sweet, strong wines: port wines, Madeira and sherry.
- Color - white - to white, red - to red. However, here we should not forget about the third principle: it is more appropriate to take light red wine to grilled fish steak with sauce. So, choosing a wine to dish, trust your intuition, preferences and taste buds.
What wine is good
Before you buy wine, carefully review and read the labels.
According to international rules, wineries:
- label design can not use more than 3 colors;
- the counter label must indicate the address of the manufacturer and the address of its official representative in your region;
- on the necklace, the year of the grape harvest is indicated.
In order to check whether the wine was stored correctly - shake the bottle, if a white precipitate rises from the bottom, then the storage rules have been violated. The optimum temperature for storing wine is 12 - 14 degrees. The bottle should be stored in a lying state, therefore, to determine how good the red wine is, you can look through the bottom at the lumen - the cork from the bottom should be colored with wine.
Selection of varietal wine
In order not to be mistaken in the choice of wine, every wine lover should be guided in the most common grape varieties from which it is produced.
What good red wine should I choose?
- Cabernet Sauvignon is a red wine that serves as an excellent complement to game and beef dishes;
- Pinot Noir - similar in characteristics to Cabernet, but lighter red wine;
- Merlot is one of the most popular light red wines;
- Zinfandel - red wine, a little stronger than the above (production leader - California);
- Shiraz - one of the best wines (made in Australia, France);
What is a good white wine to choose?
- Chardonnay - an elegant wine, famous for its light, slightly oily aftertaste. It goes well with light dishes of their chicken meat;
- Sauvignon Blanc is one of the "summer" refreshing and invigorating wines combined with light fish dishes;
- Riesling - has a slightly noticeable sweetish taste (the leaders in the production of Germany and California);
Also on the shelves of wine shops can be found and blends of noble varieties, for example, Cabernet Merlot.
When choosing a wine, in order not to spend a lot of time looking for the answer to the question, which red wine is better, follow these tips and recommendations.