What to wrap in pita bread?
Shawarma or shawarma is a Middle Eastern dish that has become so popular today on our tables. We often see it as “pita envelopes” with a variety of fillings, who have enough imagination for what, so you can turn anything into lavash. There is a classic version of shawarma fillings: fried meat (of various kinds), sauces (namely sauces, not mayonnaise) and vegetable salad. How to wrap a shaverma? In the pita bread, laid out on the table, the filling is laid out, then it is rolled up and cut into pieces. Consider this process in more detail, see what can be wrapped in pita, and how to do it.
What to wrap in pita bread: fillings
Consider the various options for toppings - from the classic schawerma to the economy version. We can only say one thing - these are only possible options, which you can vary to your liking, add your favorite products, experiment, fantasize.
For the preparation we need:
- Meat fatty varieties, well suited lamb and chicken (you can even mix them), you can take the pork.
- Tomato sauce or garlic white.
- Vegetables: cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers.
Meat in the classic version is prepared on special grills, arranged vertically. But do not worry, if such technologies are not available to you, you can just fry the meat. After it is crushed.
Vegetables are also chopped (optional). Cabbage can be chopped.
How to wrap shawarma? All the ingredients of the filling are simply wrapped in pita bread: meat with sauce and vegetables. The roll is left for impregnation, and before use is cut into the necessary pieces (as it is convenient to whom to eat).
Let's see what you can wrap in pita more.
This recipe is amazing because with the same composition it will have a completely different taste if it is cooked in different ways, namely, to bake or soak in the refrigerator. That and the other option will amaze you with exquisite taste. The proportions we will not write, you can vary them depending on your preferences.
For the filling will need:
- hard cheese (grated on a coarse grater);
- smoked cheese (grated);
- smoked chicken ("breaking" into fibers);
- tomatoes (peeled, cut into small cubes);
- onion (finely chopped);
- tomato paste (can be replaced with ketchup);
- greens, pepper. It is not necessary to put salt, as a rule, salty cheeses and mayonnaise with tomato paste, too.
- Spread the pita in one layer.
- Prepare a sauce of mayonnaise, tomato paste (about 1: 1) and pepper.
- Lavash grease plentifully with the obtained "sauce", and top with all the ingredients of the filling: hard cheese, chicken, tomatoes, smoked cheese, onions, greens.
- Roll pita bread roll, and then to choose. You can remove the pita bread for impregnation in the fridge (about two hours), or you can bake in the oven (literally 15 minutes in an already preheated oven to 190 degrees).
Pita with mushrooms
- champignons (finely chopped, fried with onions);
- hard cheese (grated);
- pepper (if desired, add to any layer or to all).
Also need three pita.
- Spread the first pita bread, grease with mayonnaise and sprinkle liberally with chopped greens.
- Top - second pita bread, also smeared with mayonnaise. Put mushrooms on it, fried with onions. They must first be cooled.
- The third layer is pita bread, slightly smeared with mayonnaise and sprinkled with cheese.
- All roll roll, put in the fridge.
What can be wrapped in pita for those who watch their figure? Introducing a great version of "women's shawarma." And pita bread is not a hindrance, because it is a yeast-free pastry, so sometimes you can afford it, and with such a filling you can not be afraid of anything.
Need for filling:
- natural yogurt (unsweetened without additives);
- garlic (optional);
- soy sauce (quite a bit);
- low-fat cheese;
- boiled chicken breast (or boiled rabbit or turkey meat);
- Bell pepper;
- Cooking sauce: mix yogurt with soy sauce. The latter should be quite a bit, for flavor and taste, otherwise it will be too liquid sauce and pita soften. Squeeze the garlic through the garlic or finely chop, add to the sauce, mix well.
- Grate the cheese, divide the kuru into fibers, cut the sweet pepper into thin straws or cubes, cabbage can be chopped.
- Peel the cucumbers and tomatoes and cut them as you like.
- Pita bread smear sauce and sprinkle with herbs. Then lay out all the ingredients of the filling, you can coat them with sauce.
- Wrap the roll and clean to soak in the fridge.