What are the first signs of diabetes in women?
The first signs of diabetes in women andmen, detected in the laboratory, is the sugar content in the blood, exceeding the norm. The body tries to combat this phenomenon in order to remove excess substance with urine, the blood is diluted with water. In this case, there are signs of diabetes mellitus:
- strong thirst;
- Due to the large amount of water drastically increased frequency and volume of urination;
- because of the high content of sugar in the urine, it becomes thicker and more sticky.
In case of illness, a person can consume from 3 to20 liters of fluid per day, but does not experience relief. Quite often, the first signs of diabetes in women are expressed in sleep disturbances. To drink water, they wake up at night, and in the evening they put a glass next to the bed.
Despite the high content of glucose in the blood, it does not enter the tissues, the fasting of the organism begins. This leads to the following manifestations of the disease:
- severe hunger and uncontrolled appetite;
- weakness of muscles;
- a state of half-fainting;
- Strong weight loss (up to 20 kg) in a very short time;
- decreased immunity.
Diabetes mellitus in women: secondary signs
There are also secondary signals of the disease in women:
- In the absence of the necessary treatment for diabetics Itype are rapidly losing weight, they can develop acute conditions that threaten life, in particular ketoacidotic coma. Disease of this type is more often observed in young, can develop in the first years of life.
- Patients with type II of this disease are typicalobesity. Symptoms of the disease in a lot of cases, both in men and in women are expressed rather poorly. The disease can begin gradually without an acute manifestation of characteristic phenomena.
Usually the first signs of diabetes in women are found in the elderly or middle age.
When the sugar level exceeds the upper limitthe border is almost double, the laboratory signs of the disease reach critical levels. At this time, the same substance in the urine begins to be determined. This entails another manifestation of diabetes mellitus, namely, infection of the urinary tract occurs.
There are other ailments that are characteristic of this disease. Sometimes it can be suspected that diabetes is developing. Causes, symptoms may be the following:
- Frequent infectious and catarrhal diseases, such as ARI, bronchitis, pneumonia. They can manifest themselves in various ways, but almost always accompanied by coughing, runny nose, fever.
- Often in diabetics at a rather early age develops angina, increases the risk of a stroke or heart attack.
- Nerve sensitivity is disturbed andblood circulation in the legs, which leads to the development of the diabetic foot. In particularly difficult situations, there may be signs of disease such as ulcers that do not heal for a long time.
- In most cases, diabetics beginacute problems associated with vision. This is one of the reasons, as a result of which they become permanent clients of the oculist. It is here that the first signs of diabetes mellitus in women or men, such as the change and detachment of the retina, can be identified.
- Often due to the disease, renal failure may develop. In this case, the main signs are added pruritus, insomnia or nightmares.