Tuna Salad: Cooking Recipes
In the United States, tuna is one of the most popular ingredients added to a variety of dishes. One of the most favorite are salads, which by their frequency of preparation are comparable to our "Olivier".
Most often in the course goes canned tuna. The fish is deprived of an obsessive characteristic smell, its meat is very soft and tender, and in terms of its utility it takes 1st place.
In Russia, it is not often cooked dishes with tuna. Nevertheless, they are very tasty. Therefore, on the eve of the New Year holidays, it is worth considering some recipes for tuna salad (with photo).
How to choose a fish
Whether you are going to prepare a salad with fresh or canned tuna is not important, the main thing is to choose the right ingredient and not stumble upon a fake. But since in our country tuna is more common in banks, let's talk about how to choose a quality product for your salad.
Seven varieties of tuna are distinguished, but for all of them fatty, firm meat varies from pale pink to red.The most expensive species is Albacore, which is distinguished by its high content of fats and white meat. It will cost more, but the taste is excellent.
Canned tuna, no matter what type they are, are significantly more expensive than canned other fish. Due to the high cost of living, there is a high probability of encountering a fake: instead of tuna in the bank there will be a mackerel, similar in texture.
Opening the can, pay attention to the fibers: they should be large. In addition, there are no bones in tuna. And the taste does not resemble any other fish.
So, in order not to be mistaken with the choice of canned food, pay attention to the following:
- Integrity and evenness of banks. Take it in your hands and carefully inspect. If there are dents, it is better to put the jar in place: when the package is deformed, the pressure inside changes, which leads to a rapid oxidation of the contents.
- Production time. The shelf life, of course, is also important, but the date of manufacture affects the taste of the fish: so, if the tuna was shut down 3 months ago, then buy the product without a doubt. Just 3 months is enough for the fish to acquire its unique taste.
- Composition.Examine this item, in the canned food there should be nothing except tuna, salt and water.
- Manufacturer country. The most delicious European canned food is Italian and Spanish.
Recipes with photos of delicious tuna salads will be presented below. And it is the correctly chosen marine component that will give the salad a unique taste.
The classic tuna salad recipe
Tuna tuna is a classic among dishes prepared using this fish. The salad will not leave anyone indifferent, thanks to its taste and lightness, so appreciated by the hostess. It is prepared using chilled fish.
For the classic recipe for Nicoise tuna salad, you will need:
- fresh fillet - 200 grams;
- Mozzarella cheese - 50 grams;
- green olives - 100 grams;
- boiled potato - 1 pc;
- quail eggs - 7 pieces;
- Colored sweet pepper - 1 pc;
- green beans - 200 grams;
- tomatoes - 3 pieces;
- shrimp - 10 stuff;
- onion head - 1 pc;
- mustard sauce - 1 tsp;
- Arugula - 2-3 things;
- Chopped basil - 1 tbsp. l .;
- honey - half of art. l .;
- citrus juice;
- olive oil and wine vinegar.
- Before you start mixing salad, you should first prepare the sauce for dressing.For this, combine mustard, honey, olive oil and wine vinegar together (in the specified amounts). All mix until smooth, season with finely chopped greens and leave to "infuse" for half an hour.
- Citrus juice and olive oil are blended, the obtained dressing is poured over the tuna fillet and left to marinate for a few minutes.
- Next, the pods of beans are fried for 5 minutes over high heat, without oil.
- After 5 minutes, the beans are sprinkled with lemon juice and left to soak for several minutes (preferably until completely cooled).
- The tuna, which was marinated, is fried in a pan, for a couple of minutes on both sides.
- Quail eggs and boiled potatoes.
- Vegetables: tomatoes, peppers and potatoes cut into small pieces.
- In the prepared salad bowl, preferably deep, send arugula leaves and other herbs.
- To the green send potatoes, tomatoes and peppers.
- Tuna cut into thin pieces - slices, and sent to the total mass.
- Quail eggs are peeled, cut into circles and decorated with salad.
- As decoration use boiled and peeled shrimps and "Mozzarella".
- All ingredients are seasoned with pre-cooked sauce. The dish is completely cooked.
Salad with canned tuna and Chinese cabbage
The recipe for a salad with tuna and Chinese cabbage is good not only because of its taste, but also because of its long shelf life.
It will take:
- canned tuna - 2 jars;
- Peking cabbage - 1 pc .;
- black pitted black olives - 1 pack;
- eggs - 3 pcs .;
- green onion stalks - 5 pcs .;
- soy sauce - 59 ml .;
- olive oil - a pair of spoons;
- sour citrus juice - 1 tbsp. l
Preparing a salad as follows:
- Wash cabbage, dry and cut into long strips.
- Wash and chop the onions.
- Tuna put in a bowl and mash with a fork. The fluid is pre-drained.
- Cook eggs and turn into pieces.
- Cut olives into slices.
- Prepare the dressing sauce. Mix: olive oil, soy sauce and sour citrus juice.
- Fill the salad dressing with the obtained dressing without stint. Stir and serve.
Avacado and tuna
Another recipe for a delicious tuna salad is a combination of avocado and fish. Not only tasty, but also incredibly useful.
For cooking you need this:
- fresh tuna fillet - 0.4 kg;
- cucumber - 1 medium size;
- avocado - in the amount of 1;
- green onions - 3-4 stalk;
- sesame seed - 1 tbsp. l .;
- citrus juice - 1 tsp;
- Chinese soy sauce - 1 tbsp. l .;
- sesame seed oil - 1 tbsp. l
Step by step preparation:
- Fillets of tuna cut into cubes of medium size.
- Wash the avocados and cut them into medium pieces and send them to the fish.
- Onion stalks are crushed.
- Now prepare the dressing sauce. Mix: soy liquid, lemon concentrate and sesame oil. All mixed, pour a mixture of chopped ingredients.
- The salad is almost ready, but before it is eaten it is sent for 20 minutes in the cold, not more, otherwise the tuna will lose its taste.
- After 20 minutes, the salad is stirred and sprinkled with sesame seed. The dish is ready to serve.
Corn and Fish Salad
- Canned variety of tuna - 1 bank;
- dessert corn - 1 bank;
- red beans - 1 can;
- olives - half a can;
- olive oil - to taste;
- green leaf lettuce;
- tomatoes - 2 pcs.
The recipe for a salad with canned tuna (the photo with the serving is presented above) is easy to prepare.
- In the tuna juice, separated from the fish, add oil and salt. This is a dressing for the future salad.
- Peel tomatoes, cut into thin slices.
- Put the tuna and sliced tomato slices into a bowl, on top of the torn finely lettuce leaves.
- Pour the corn and beans.
- Slice the olives and send them to the salad.
- Season with sauce and mix.
- canned tuna - 1 pack;
- eggs - 4 pcs .;
- potato - 3 pcs .;
- carrot - a couple of pieces;
- onion - 1 head.
- Cook carrots, eggs and potatoes. All peeled.
- Boiled vegetables and "cool" yolks chop into a fine grater.
- Proteins can be cut, and you can rub on the coarse side of the grater.
- Chop the onion.
- Shift ready-made ingredients in a salad bowl alternately, greasing each with mayonnaise: potatoes, tuna, onions, protein, carrots. On the top layer of mayonnaise pour crumbled yolk.
Sandwich Tuna Salad
Tuna sandwich is a traditional American cuisine sandwich. Next, we present a recipe for salad with canned tuna, with a photo of the possible filing.
It is necessary:
- canned tuna in its own brine - 1 bank;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- celery stalk - 1 pc .;
- carrots - 1 pc .;
- cucumber - 1/2 pcs .;
- gherkins - 2 pcs .;
- mustard sauce - 1 tsp;
- olive oil - 2 tbsp. l .;
- mayonnaise - 2 tbsp. l .;
- Ricotta - 2 tbsp. l .;
- citrus concentrate - 1 tbsp. l .;
- salt, black powder pepper - to taste;
- capers - 1 tbsp. l .;
- bread (for toasts) - 12 pcs .;
- onions - 1/4 pcs.
- First you need to prepare the sauce for dressing: combine mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, mayonnaise and ricotta.
- Cut the celery, cucumbers, onions, greens, chop carrots and crumble eggs. Add capers.
- Tuna mash with a fork and send to the total mass.
- All salt, pepper and fill.
- The resulting salad can be served separately or used for sandwiches.