The cure for nausea in poisoning and pregnancy
Every person in his life faced with such an unpleasant feeling, as causing such a state, can be very much. Most often, this phenomenon can be observed with a motion sickness while riding or during pregnancy. In more complex cases, nausea is a symptom of a disease. This article will discuss how to alleviate the condition, using the cure for nausea. There are a number of medications that can help overcome this ailment and even relieve vomiting. All of them can be divided into groups.
Group One: benzadiazepines
Drugs like Diazepam or Lorazepam are among these drugs. These are quite strong sedative medications that can suppress vestibular paroxysms. This cure for nausea is widely used to treat conditioned reflex vomiting and to suppress nausea during radiation therapy and chemotherapy for cancer.These tablets are not prescribed to pregnant women and children. Drugs in this group are strong tranquilizers that cause addiction, and can be used when there is an urgent need to block impulses to the vestibular apparatus, and only by prescription. The dosage is usually set individually, based on the patient's condition.
Group Two: Phenothiazines
The action of drugs of this class is aimed at blocking dopamine receptors of the central nervous system, including in the center of the brain responsible for vomiting. Phenothiazines are a strong antipsychotic group of drugs, the use of which is resorted to only in cases where the weaker drugs are not able to stop nausea.
A prominent representative of this class is considered to be a cure for nausea "Haloperidol." This drug reduces motility and secretion of the gastrointestinal tract. Most often, it is prescribed in the postoperative period in the presence of prolonged hiccups and vomiting, which are not removed by other medicines. Drugs are strictly contraindicated in pregnancy and lactation, they should not be given to children under 3 years.Special care should be taken when using this group in acute alcohol intoxication, as well as in the treatment of patients with depressed central nervous system function.
The third group: M-cholinergic blockers
This group may include the following drugs:
- Drug "Giostsimana butylbromide." This nausea medicine relaxes the smooth muscle cells of the gastrointestinal tract and biliary ducts, which in turn soothes nausea. It is used in the treatment of children older than six years and adults. The maximum daily dose is 100 mg for adults, children dose calculation is carried out depending on the weight of the child - 0.3-0.6 mg per 1 kg.
- The drug "Prifinia bromide", which also has an anticholinergic effect. The action of this medicine is also aimed at relaxing strained during nausea and vomiting of smooth muscle tissue of the larynx and gastrointestinal tract. Widely used in pediatrics. May be assigned to infants. The drug is contraindicated in violation of urination and with increased eye pressure. On average, the recommended daily intake is 1 mg per 1 kg of baby weight.
- The drug "Dimenhydrinate" can also be attributed to this group because of its mixed action,which is simultaneously aimed at blocking the central and peripheral M-cholinergic receptors. This medicine is designed to prevent motion sickness and the gag reflex during anesthesia. Contraindications - children's age up to 1 year, epilepsy, acute dermatosis and the first trimester of pregnancy.
The recommended dose - for children from 2 to 6 years old 25-50 mg, from 6 to 14 years old - 50-100 mg, for adults - 100 mg. Per day you can take 4 doses with an interval of 4-6 hours.
These medicines are widely used in gastroenterology.
Group Four: Histamine Receptor Blockers
As a rule, this group includes antihistamines with little pronounced anticholinergic activity. Or, in simple terms, with a weak suppression of the transmission of nerve signals to the brain. Such drugs as "Promtazin" and "Meklozin" can be used as medicines for nausea and dizziness of various origin.
Group Five: prokinetics
This class includes the following drugs:
- The drug "Zerukal."This is a good cure for nausea for children and adults. The action of the active ingredient (metoclopramide hydrochloride monohydrate) is aimed atto normalize the muscle tone of the gastrointestinal tract and slow down the transmission of nerve impulses to the brain. The drug reduces the pronounced symptoms of biliary tract dyskinesia, relieving them from cramps. This drug may also be prescribed to treat the symptoms of overdose with other medicines.
- Medication "Metoclopramide"prescribed for manifestations of nausea of various origin. The drug is indicated in diagnoses such as uremia, migraine, diabetic gastroparesis, head injuries and other diseases.
Nausea during pregnancy
In the period of carrying a baby, the question of what kind of medicine for nausea during pregnancy is best to choose is quite relevant. Early toxicoses cause a lot of inconvenience, however, it is necessary to resort to the use of medications only when the frequent emetic urges threaten the carrying of the fetus. Almost all the drugs that a doctor can prescribe to alleviate the condition are designed to maintain and restore the functions of the liver. The cure for nausea during pregnancy direct appointment is not recommended,since such drugs can only cause harm. The future mother is most often prescribed such means as Hofitol and Essentiale.
Nausea in children
As already mentioned, the drug “Zerukal” is widely used in pediatrics, which is used to relieve nausea caused by diseases of internal organs. For babies with a weak vestibular apparatus and suffering from nausea, appearing during trips in transport, there is a special group of drugs. These include:
- "Dramina"- one of the most famous medicines for motion sickness. It is widely used in pediatrics to prevent nausea while traveling. The main component of the drug is the substance dimenhydrinate. Inhibits vestibular stimulation, has a calming, sedative and weak antihistamine effect. It is prescribed in the dosage: for children from a year - on ¼ tablets, after 3 years - ½ tablets, at an older age - 1-2 tablets.
- Drug "Kokkulin"- a homeopathic remedy that does not cause drowsiness and perfectly eliminates nausea. Allowed to take children from 3 years, a single dose of 2 tablets.
Nausea in poisoning
When food poisoning to self-help should be resorted to only when it is not possible to consult a doctor. In this case, you should know what kind of medicine for diarrhea and nausea you can drink.
In case of poisoning, treatment should be comprehensive and include the following medications:
- means for restoring water balance;
- anti-diarrheal medications that stop frequent urging to the toilet;
- antibiotics and probiotics for the normalization of the intestinal flora;
- sorbents for removing toxic substances;
- enzymes for food digestion, for example, Panzinorm, Creon, Pancreatin, Festal.
The combination of these medicines will allow in a short time to remove toxins from the body and restore intestinal motility. It is sorbents that will act as drugs for nausea in case of poisoning. These are drugs such as "Atoxil", "Activated carbon", "Enterosgel". By absorbing toxic substances and cleansing the body, they will eliminate the causes of nausea.
The information provided is for reference only. What medicine for nausea must be prescribed in each case - only the doctor has to decide.Self-medication can harm health, especially during pregnancy! The correct dosage of the drug will also install only the attending physician. It should be remembered that each of these medicines has its own contraindications and side effects. Particular attention should be paid to the fact that after taking these drugs, it is recommended to avoid driving and work that requires high concentration of attention.