Miso soup - what is it? Secrets of cooking.
Japanese cuisine is getting biggerpopularity in the modern world. Nowadays, many are interested in how to make miso soup. "What is it?" You ask. This dish is a traditional Japanese dish. It was invented 750 years ago in the time of samurai. The secrets of creating this dish at home will be discussed in our article.
Based on the eponymous paste, and the Japanesemiso soup. The recipe for cooking will be described below. First we will talk about the composition of a unique product, which is miso paste. This is a thick mass, which is produced by fermenting wheat, rice, barley and soybeans. It contains a lot of vitamin D and A, as well as calcium, iron and zinc. There are several varieties of pasta. They differ in color, taste and aroma. Accordingly, and miso soup can be completely different. For its preparation, a paste made of soy, wheat, rice is used. It is generally accepted that the most delicious Japanese soup is made from miso paste.
About the benefits of the dish
The Japanese consider it extremely useful miso soup.What it is, you already know. But why is this dish credited with miraculous properties? It turns out that it is prepared mainly from seasonal vegetables, rich in vitamin C, fiber and keratin. In addition, miso paste is rich in glutamic acid, proteins, lecithin and a large number of beneficial microorganisms that contribute to good digestion of food.
What is miso soup made from?
What is this we have already figured out.But which ingredients are suitable for preparing a Japanese dish? Brew it with the addition of seaweed, vegetables (potatoes, daikon, cauliflower, spinach, turnips, onions), meat and mushrooms. In the recipes of miso soup, you can also find pork, meat, various fish and a variety of seafood (crabs, shellfish, shrimp, squid, etc.). Tofu is often added to the dish - soy cheese, which is an inexhaustible source of protein.
Preparation of products
In order to make miso soup at home, you needknow how to properly handle the products for this dish. Greens and vegetables must be ground in accordance with the recipe. Dried mushrooms and vegetables must be soaked in hot water before use. Seafood (for example, shrimp) must be cleaned, rinsed, cut and lightly boiled in the broth of dasi. In order to prepare this liquid, you need to buy special granules and diligently dissolve them in the boiling water. Cheese tofu should be cut into small, neat cubes.
Preparation of dishes
In order to cook miso soup at homeconditions, you need a small saucepan, a vegetable peeler, a sharp knife, a cutting board and a container for soaking the ingredients. Serve the dish in deep small bowls. Of these, first drink the broth, and then eat the remaining products with chopsticks. Many Japanese restaurants practice the creation of miso soup right in the plates.
Ingredients for soup with tofu
Now let's talk about what products are needed to cook traditional Japanese miso soup. Recipe for cooking involves the use of the following ingredients:
- miso - 1/2 cup;
- tofu - 1/2 cup;
- dasi - 1,5 tablespoons of tea;
- green onion - 2 table spoons;
- water - 4 cups;
- seaweed - 1 table spoon.
How to make soup with tofu
- First of all, you need to take a pan andfill it with water. Then it is necessary to bring the liquid to a boil and add the granules of dasi to it. Once they completely dissolve, you can proceed to the next stage of soup preparation.
- Now the plate should be switched to moderate fire and add tofu with dasi cut into small cubes tofu.
- Then the dried seaweed must be pouredwith a small amount of water. After they are soaked, you need to squeeze out excess water and add seafood to a pot of soup. The dish should be cooked for another two minutes.
- At this time, it is necessary to dilute the miso in a separate bowl. For this purpose it is necessary to add a little dashi broth and stir until smooth paste.
- Now you need to remove the pan from the fire and add miso to it. All ingredients should be mixed thoroughly. After that, the soup can be poured on plates.
Japanese miso soup with tofu is ready! Before serving, it should be sprinkled with green onions.
Miso soup with pork and spinach. Ingredients
This variant of soup preparation differs from the classical one by its higher saturation and calorie content. To prepare the dish you will need to stock up the following products:
- pork - 55 grams;
- spinach - 1-2 bunches;
- mushrooms enoki - 1/3 stick;
- vegetable oil - 0,5 tablespoons of tea;
- broth dasi - 350 milliliters;
- miso paste - 1,5 tablespoons of the dining room.
Miso soup with pork and spinach. Cooking method
- To begin with, the pork must be cut into thin strips and fried in sunflower oil.
- Then the spinach should be separated from the stems, rinsed and cooked a little in boiling water, after which it should be dipped into ice water. Then the product should be cut into pieces in the length of three to four centimeters.
- Now in a saucepan it is necessary to boil the broth of dasi and throw in it enoki and fried pork. Products must be welded to the full.
- Next, the soup should be removed from the fire, add soybean paste and stir the ingredients until smooth.
- Miso paste in any case can not be boiled. It should always be added to the hot broth at the very end of the cooking and thoroughly stirred in it.
- When making soup it is important to observe the necessary proportions. One liter of dasi broth usually takes 150 grams of miso paste.
- In addition to the main ingredients in the dish, there must be at least two more products that differ in shape, color and consistency.
Here are some simple rules you must follow toto cook real miso soup. What is it and how to cook it, we now know. Be sure to try to surprise the household and make at home a traditional dish of Japanese cuisine.