Proper dental care at home
Jul 15, 2018
Beautiful smile is an ornament of any person who aspires to success, wishes to be loved and self-assured.Healthy teeth help to save on visits to the dentist, you can forget about the numerous diseases associated with the gastrointestinal tract and bad breath.
In order to achieve such results, you only need to ensure proper dental care at home, and visit the dentist annually.
What gives regular care of the oral cavity
To maintain the health of the oral cavity, it is necessary to observe the basic rules of hygiene, which are familiar to many since childhood.
Numerous studies have shown that people who regularly visit the dentist and conduct timely treatment have fewer problems with such diseases as:
- Heart diseases.Bacteria of the oral cavity easily penetrate into the bloodstream and increase the risk of diseases of the cardiovascular system.Regular cleaning reduces the risk of a heart attack by 70%.
- Respiratory diseases:bronchitis, pneumonia, tonsillitis, sinusitis and others, can be caused by periodontitis.The bacterium caused by this disease settles in the throat, and then moves to the lower respiratory tract, leading to infections.
- Diabetes.Scientists at Columbia University have proven that people with diabetes often have dental problems.Infectious diseases of the mucosa and caries can cause inflammation, which disrupts the ability to process sugar.
Gastrointestinal problems often occur in the background of caries.Disease bacteria along with food and saliva enter the stomach, causing irritation of the mucosa and leading to colitis, gastritis and ulcers.
Special attention should be paid to the hygiene of the cavity of the rat during pregnancy
Reliable home helpers
Oral care should be comprehensive, using modern and effective drugs.Standard care products are toothpaste and a brush, which almost every modern person uses.
However, according to experts, to thoroughly get rid of the plaque of one brush is not enough, you still need to use such devices as floss, brush, rinse.
brushes have a different degree of rigidity, which is selected individually.Tough should be chosen by avid smokers and those who suffer from tartar.Also, brushes "hard" are shown to people with increased plaque formation and individual orthodontic constructions.
Soft soft brushes choose sensitive gums, not carious lesions of the enamel, periodontitis.This kind is recommended in pregnancy, when there is an increased sensitivity of the gums, as well as for children under 8 years old.
Medium stiffness is the most common option used by most of the population.Use of "medium" can be done with small dental issues and non-sensitive gums.
Flossis an aid for hygiene.With the help of floss it is easy to clean the interdental spaces from the remnants of food, where the villi brushes do not reach.
When choosing a floss, it should be noted that the thread has a different cross-section.The ribbon section is suitable for those who have a large interdental space.Flat threads are designed for people who have a crowded row.
Ershikis a convenient and effective device for cleaning the interdental spaces.Different by the diameter of the working surface, brushes are recommended to use wearing braces and dentures, to owners of uneven rows, smoking.
People who do not have dental problems are advised to use brushes for disease prevention.
Mouthwashare a mandatory hygiene product that eliminates unpleasant odor, removes inflammation, disinfects and cleans from plaque in hard-to-reach areas.Elixirs should be selected based on individual preferences and existing diseases.
The correct choice of toothpaste
Conditionally, all funds are divided into two categories:
- Hygienic - designed for regular use.
- Treatment-prophylactic, which should be used only for the purpose of the dentist.
To understand how to follow the teeth correctly, you need to select a paste that will have a hygienic and preventive effect:
- Hygienicis used to remove plaque, food deodorization and deodorization.Means carefully clean the enamel, contain a small amount of bleaching abrasive, extracts of plants for treatment, oils that remove inflammation, perfume.
Whiteningis not recommended for use for more than two weeks, as abrasives mechanically affect the enamel, which can lead to sensitivity and inflammation.Means for bleaching well relieve pigmented plaque, which is observed in coffee makers and smokers.
Whitening toothpaste is not recommended for use for more than two weeks.
- Therapeutic and prophylacticis prescribed by the doctor if the patient has bleeding and gingival inflammation, surface caries has appeared, and sensitivity to cold and hot drinks has been observed.It is not recommended to prescribe medicinal pastes yourself, as it is possible to aggravate the existing problem and acquire new dental diseases.This group is divided into the following categories:
- Anti-inflammatory- reduce bleeding gums, relieve inflammation and irritation of the mucosa.Active components are antiseptics, enzymes, plant extracts.
- Anti-carieshave a high content of calcium or fluoride in the composition.Correct selection will help to avoid demineralization of enamel, and will reduce the risk of caries development.
- Means to reduce the sensitivity ofdue to the presence of analgesic agents and minerals.
- Integratedis suitable for daily use and contains remineralizing agents, anti-inflammatory components and abrasives.
- Babyshould not contain fluoride, preservatives, chemical additives or aggressive dyes.Pastes for young children should not contain abrasives that can break the soft layer of the milk tooth.When choosing, it is important to observe age limits:
- Up to 4 years, pastes are used for soft cleaning, RDA is no more than 20 units.
- From 4 to 8 years, use a product with deodorant components, RDA does not exceed 50 units.
- From 8 to 14 years of age, a complex paste or a dentist is used.
Home health care
To minimize the risk of falling into the dentist's chair and keeping your dental health as long as possible, it is important to take preventive measures.
During cleaning, do not forget the language, on the surface of which accumulates a lot of bacteria.Clean the tongue best before bed with a separate toothbrush or a special spoon.
An important point is a balanced diet that fills the body with useful microelements and vitamins.For the prevention of diseases of the mouth, it is recommended to include in the diet products such as fresh carrots, seasonal salad, sorrel, lingonberries, currants, solid apples.
To reduce the risk of periodontal and caries development, you need to consume more herbs: parsley, dill, coriander, green onions and dandelion leaves.These plants are sources of vitamins and active substances.
Fresh lemons are extremely useful as they eliminate tartar and are a source of vitamin C.
Regular oral hygiene is the best prevention of dental diseases
Everyone's diet should contain solid fruits and vegetables that contribute to the natural cleansing of the enamel.
As for the chewing gum, it is useful foronly after eating and only in the first 20 minutes of.Prolonged and monotonous chewing can lead to blood circulation disorders and stagnant processes.
Many people ask themselves: "How to properly care for your teeth and keep the beauty of a smile for many years?".In fact, there is nothing complicated, it is enough to observe the rules of oral hygiene, use effective devices to eliminate plaque and lead a healthy lifestyle.
A mandatory item is a regular visit to the dentist, even in the absence of any complaints.