Production of covers for documents: profitable niche
Almost every citizen has a passport. In addition, there are other important documents. These include a passbook, driver’s license, marriage / birth certificate, and student ID card. To protect the document from dirt and preserve its appearance, many use special covers. They are completely different. Production of covers for documents is a profitable niche that allows you not only to earn good money, but also to do your favorite business. The main thing is to think over and prepare the necessary tools and materials.
Document covers can be made in completely different ways. At the initial stage it is worth considering everything. First of all it concerns the materials that will be required for the production of covers for documents. Most often, such products are made of vinyl, various fabrics, artificial or natural leather, as well as suede.In addition, you will also need a cardboard. The manufacturing process itself is as follows:
- Expand a document, such as a passport. Mark it on top of the material from which the cover will be made.
- Circle the outline of the document, departing from its edge by 3 cm.
- Do the same with lining fabric and cardboard.
- Put together the basic material, cardboard and fabric.
- After that, all you need to stitch. In this case, the protruding edges must be gently tuck. Sew materials better with a sewing machine. At that stage you can make inserts for the pages of the document. For this it is recommended to use a transparent material.
Production of covers for documents will be profitable if we approach the issue of the decoration of finished products with full responsibility. Great demand will enjoy the original and interesting models. For decorating finished products you can resort to various methods.
Recently, however, popular covers made using the decoupage technology. You can buy everything you need for such decoration in a specialty store.The basic principle of this technique is to transfer to the cover of a pattern from a fabric or paper of a certain type. At the end of the product is simply varnished.
The production of covers for documents made of leather, suede and other materials has several advantages. Among them it is worth highlighting:
- No need to save initial capital for many years.
- Availability of raw materials.
- No need to purchase complex and expensive equipment.
- High profitability.
Who to sell
Distribution points of finished products also abound. You can sell original document covers through:
- gift and souvenir shops;
- specialized sales points for document covers;
- online stores of designer products;
- groups in social networks.
How soon will pay off
Production of covers for passports, birth certificates and other documents with the right approach pays for itself very quickly.
- initial capital - about 20 thousand rubles;
- profit (monthly) - 50 thousand rubles.
Thus, the payback period of the project is 2 months.
To achieve your goals, you should not forget about the quality of the finished product and assortment, because there is always competition in the market.