Oregano herb - medicinal properties, recipes, contraindications
The topic of the article will be Oregano herb, useful properties and contraindications. It was not without reason that I decided to talk about it, since in the winter this miraculous plant helps to fight against various diseases characteristic of this period.
Oregano is a plant with an erect stem, oblong ovate leaves with a pleasant smell. The height does not exceed 60 cm, but there are instances of meter "growth".
Origanum blooms in mid-summer when it throws out inflorescences of small fragrant flowers of a reddish-purple color. By the beginning of autumn the fruits ripen and are nuts of brown or brown color, located in the cup.
Oregano grows in small groups in mixed and coniferous forests, in meadows and forest edges, on rocky slopes and meadows. It is found in Europe, Central Asia and Siberia.Other names of oregano are oregano, ladanka, forest mint.
How to harvest grass
- In the middle of the summer, an amulet is collected during mass flowering, when the flower buds fully open. If this is done later, the quality of the raw materials will decrease due to a decrease in the concentration of the essential oil contained in the grass.
- During harvesting cut the tops at a distance of 25 centimeters from the ground. Pulling the stem along with the root system is not recommended, it causes damage to the raw material base.
- Dry in a ventilated room or outside in a shaded place. Faster oregano dries in a special dryer with forced ventilation of heated air. Drying temperature does not exceed 40 degrees, otherwise the essential oils decompose.
- Drying is considered complete if the stems break down with a slight bend. The finished raw material is characterized by a fragrant smell and a tart, bitter-spicy taste. Store separately from other medicinal plants.
- The dried plant as a whole is allowed to be stored for one year. If you grind and place in a tightly closed container, the period will be tripled.Harvesting grass in the same place is recommended every two years.
Medicinal and beneficial properties of oregano
People have long used oregano to fight colds and coughs. The composition of oregano ordinary includes useful chemicals, vitamins, essential oils, phytohormones. Due to this, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, choleretic and diuretic properties are achieved.
Oregano Butter Recipes
- Grass will help to cope with a cold. To do this, inhale with oil.
- Normalizes the menstrual cycle, if you make a sitz bath and add a few drops of oil.
- Eases rheumatic pain. Mix a tablespoon of vegetable oil with two drops of oregano oil. With the help of massage movements, apply the finished product to the problem area.
This is the tip of the iceberg. Oregano ordinary make tincture, infusion, decoction, and fresh grass is used for compresses.
- Decoction. It is used to combat diseases of the digestive system, lungs and nervous disorders. Recipe: two spoons of raw materials, pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, put the container in a water bath, hold for a quarter of an hour and leave for 15 minutes.Drinking 0.33 cups three times a day will cope with insomnia, and if you add ginger and honey, you will get a means to strengthen the immune system.
- Infusion. Used for rinsing the mouth and throat. Due to its antiseptic properties it is suitable for the treatment of all kinds of wounds. There was an infusion of application and as an external agent for acne. Recipe: two spoons of grass, pour 0.25 liters of boiling water, wait half a hour and strain.
- Tincture. Fill a clean glass container with dry or fresh forest mint inflorescences, fill with moonshine or vodka. After a month of exposure, tincture is ready. Use for back injuries or joint diseases.
- Compresses. Chop a small bunch of fresh grass and fill it with a liter of boiling water. In half an hour, the remedy will help increase the elasticity of the breast or cope with boils.
Origanum is a natural antibiotic. By the amount of vitamin "C" competes even with citrus. An extract from a plant kills microbes that are resistant to chemicals. Scientists have proven that it helps with renal colic and removes sand from the kidneys. Oregano extract is part of the drug "Urolesan", which does not need advertising.
It is forbidden to take medication on the basis of oregano inside pregnant women. The plant increases the contraction of the uterus, which leads to abortion. Due to this property, oregano was previously used to abort pregnancy and to treat menstruation delays.
- It is not recommended to use tinctures and decoctions for persons suffering from disorders of the heart.
- Since oregano is considered “female grass”, men are not advised to use it for a long time, otherwise it will lead to the development of sexual impotence.
- Decorations from oregano are not recommended for people suffering from high acidity of the stomach or intestinal ulcer. With such diseases, it is unsuitable for use even as a seasoning for food.
- Patients who have hepatic, intestinal or renal colic, it is recommended to use preparations of oregano carefully.
- People suffering from hypertension and people with unstable pressure are prohibited to use even oregano oil.
If you do not have the above diseases, collect forest mint and heal the body. Otherwise, think about health and do not take any risks.
Decoction and oil of oregano
Dushitsa was used in traditional medicine. It helps to treat the diseases of the digestive system, gynecological diseases and other diseases. Decoction and oil of oregano are not capable of replacing conservative therapy, however, they will complement it and speed up recovery.
Recipe: Pour 250 ml of boiling water over two tablespoons of dry grass, wait an hour and strain or hold the medicine in a water bath, without infusion. In any case, the healing properties will not go anywhere.
- Helps eliminate menstrual irregularities. On the day, drink a glass of broth. Drink as tea, previously diluted with water.
- Suitable for use during menopause and helps women improve their health.
- Treats dandruff and improves hair condition. No wonder oregano is called "female grass."
- To soothe the nerves or get rid of insomnia, drink the broth in a diluted form twice a day. The first reception at lunch, the second - before bedtime.
- Broth handle boils and wounds. Doctors recommend it for eczema.
Oil of oregano
For cooking will require vegetable oil. Half a liter of sunflower, olive or linseed oil mixed with two tablespoons of oregano.Means insist during the day, occasionally shaking capacity with oil. If the essential oil is combined with a cream base, you get an excellent ointment.
- Oil helps to overcome toothache. Rub into the gums.
- Suitable for external use for respiratory ailments. Rub into the skin.
- Warms the body and stimulates blood circulation. It is recommended for use in the treatment of osteochondrosis and diseases of the joints. Oil the affected area three times a day.
If you do not want to mess with cooking oil, purchase at the pharmacy in finished form.
Oregano during pregnancy
Oregano during pregnancy is contraindicated in any form.
- Pregnant women are forbidden to use herbal teas and teas. It is not recommended to use even as a seasoning when cooking.
- During pregnancy, one should not use sedatives or general strengthening medicines with oregano, because the plant has an abortive effect on the body.
- If there is a delay in menstruation, drinking oregano tea is dangerous because it causes severe bleeding.
Infusions with oregano are allowed to use during pregnancy to combat rashes and boils, using externally and for washing.
In conclusion, let's talk about the use of oregano in cosmetology. It is used in this area rarely. And this is due to the fact that, thanks to the unique composition, it could make girls attractive for men without costs, help get rid of cellulite and strengthen hair.
Broths and infusions of oregano - an ideal tool for hair care. They strengthen hair, make it attractive and healthy.