KNOX - what is it? How to remove or disable KNOX on Samsung?
Samsung brand is popular on the territoryRussian Federation. Increased demand is enjoyed by almost all household appliances and, of course, mobile phones. Owners of smartphones and tablets of this brand face such an application as KNOX. However, only a few know what it is intended for and how it works.
Most often it is spoken about in forums,dedicated to firmware on Samsung devices. KNOX is installed on top of the Android platform, performing protective functions. Many buyers complain that it is not possible to obtain detailed information about this application at point of sale, and official ones. Sellers are reluctant to expand on this topic.
Why? This question is quite interesting. And in order to answer it, you need to delve into the subtleties of software.
KNOX - what is this?
Qualified programmers say thatall smartphone owners are not protected from hacker attacks. Their personal data is under threat. This problem is especially acute for users of the corporate segment. How to defend yourself? Samsung last year developed a special application, which is essentially an add-on for the operating system. Its main task is to maximize the protection of personal data stored on mobile devices. The KNOX system itself consists of several extensions developed on the Google platform. It is with their help that the user creates a secure environment. An important advantage of the application is the ability to use an isolated zone, secure boot and a special way of encryption.
Resetting KNOX, that is, resetting the counter, it is possiblenot on all models of Samsung smartphones. Therefore, with firmware it is recommended to be extremely accurate, since the application can simply not recognize it as a license, and this will lead to complete failure of the device.
Using this application, the owner is sure that the device is completely protected from spyware, network hacking, copying of information by third parties.
Principle of operation
KNOX (what is this application, described above) -an independent component of the Android operating system. Compatible with devices, starting with the Galaxy S3. The earlier devices are not officially installed, but theoretically this is possible.
How does this application work? Consider the example of "Skype". The user needs to be authorized in the program in order to gain access to the functions. This is done using a previously registered login and password. However, if KNOX is installed on the mobile device, a second account (optional) is created. It is he who is in the protected zone. To enter it you will need to enter a password that is different from the previous one, or use a fingerprint scanner. The account in KNOX is independent. If you remove Skype from the device, it will remain in the protected application.
Running the application
When you turn on the tablet or smartphone Samsung KNOXstarts automatically. At this point, the system starts checking the kernel for integrity. After its termination, the application performs a secure download. If there were no unauthorized interventions, the device will start normally.
It is important to understand that KNOX is designed to block any actions that are not authorized by the owner.
KNOX, whose opinions are ambiguous, has bothdisadvantages, and advantages. To the advantages of consumers include a high level of protection, user-friendly interface, ease of use, device locking at a distance (for example, with loss) and remote search.
However, not everything is so radiant. Many owners of tablets and mobile phones complain of frequent application failures. Constantly on the screen there are messages that inform you of an unlicensed program or about downloading from an unauthorized source. Disabling alerts is difficult. In order to help owners of such devices, the article describes some ways to solve this problem.
How to disable KNOX?
On the web you can often find the question: "How do I disable KNOX?" What does this mean? The application itself will remain on the device, but annoying messages will cease to be displayed on the screen. If this solution suits you, you can use three methods:
- KNOX Disabler. Can only be used by root owners. The device is installed Disabler. It's very easy to work with her. All you need to do is install, enter the application and press Disabler.
- Titanium Backup. After starting the program, a list of files appears on the screen. It is necessary to select the option "Freeze" in the menu and reboot the device. If it works correctly, you can simply delete these files.
- Android Terminal Emulator. Install the application, run and enter the command line "su pm disable com.sec.KNOX.seandroid". In order to activate KNOX, you need to replace disable with enable.
How to remove KNOX?
To all owners, who on mobile devicesinstalled operating system Android 4.3 and higher, suitable application KNOX. Unfortunately, it sometimes causes some inconvenience, so many people want to completely remove it. And how to do it, do not know. Let's look at several ways.
- Without root-rights. Suitable only for those who have the original firmware installed. In the list of applications installed on the phone, you need to find KNOX. Login to it (run). Now we need to call the context menu in which to find the "Delete" item. At the beginning of the deletion, the device will prompt you for a backup. You need to confirm this by clicking on "Make a copy now". After this, some models will need to enter a password. The process itself will take some time, after which the device will reboot and the application will be deleted.
- Uninstall via Smart Manager. Can be used on all new Galaxy models. Enter the menu. Find the Smart Manager application and go into it. After that, open the "Device Security". In this section, find "Active Protection KNOX". The "Install My KNOX" prompt appears on the screen. When clicking on this link, click on "Delete My KNOX". The process starts automatically.
Let's sum up the results
"The device is protected by KNOX". What does it mean? Personal data, files and other information is not available to third parties. Thanks to this application, the owner of a smartphone or tablet can be sure of 100% protection against unauthorized access to the device. Unfortunately, KNOX has some drawbacks. For this reason, the article provides information on how to disable it or completely delete it.