How to turn off the computer after a while?
Watch the video
Many people put some heavyweight files to download at night, but not everyone wants to get up and shut down the computer after downloading. You can set a specific time period and go to sleep. Consider how to turn off the computer through time.
How to automatically turn off the computer?
There is a huge number of utilities that allow you to set the time on your PC, after which it will turn off at a certain hour. It is worth noting that you can set the time to turn off the PC using an ordinary player, but this function should be present in the program settings. However, Windows also has this feature, so you don’t need to download anything. However, you can only configure shutting down the computer if you have an account that is protected by a secret word. To configure system shutdown, do the following:
- Go to the "Start" menu and select "Control Panel".Then in the window that opens, find the item "Accounts" and click on the line "Change Account", then enter the category "Administrator".
- In the new window, find the item "Create a password." You will need to enter a password in it - it will be possible to log into the OS later. Duplicate a secret word or phrase in another field, then click on the "Create Password" button.
- After opening the “Start” menu, find the “Standard” folder, then select the “Service” subfolder and click on the “Scheduled Tasks” submenu.
- In the new window, select "Add task". After this, you will see how the “Task Planning Wizard” starts. In the welcome window you will need to click on the "Next" button.
- In the window that opens, there will be several available applications, you need to click on the "Browse" button. In the new window you will need to register the path to the file shutdown.exe, which is located in the system32 subfolder, which is in turn in the WINDOWS folder.
- Register the name for the job. In this case, it will be “Automatically shutdown computer”, select the time when it will start from the offered list and click on “Next”.
- Set the time to turn off the PC by specifying the date from which the setting will take effect, and click “Next”.
- Now you will need to enter and confirm the password to login. Select the category “Set additional parameters after clicking the“ Finish ”button and click on the“ Finish ”button. After that, a window will appear in which you will need to go to the “Task” tab and find the “Run” item.
- Now you need to add after the extension. exe [- s] and click "Apply". To confirm the changes, you will need to enter your password and close the window. Auto shutdown computer configured.