How to sew slippers from old slippers and towels
Many old things can be given a second life. By transforming them into interesting and practical decor items, clothes, toys and even shoes, you will, firstly, get rid of unnecessary items in the most noble way, secondly, you will realize your creative potential and, finally, please yourself with a new, useful and / or beautiful thing. Want to know how to sew slippers from old towels and slippers? Read on.
Master class "How to sew slippers"
These soft slippers, in which it will be very comfortable for you to rest after a busy day, are not hard to sew. They are not sewn for long - it will take literally one evening. A list of what you may need for the manufacture of terry slippers:
- old slippers;
- unnecessary towel;
- synthetic winterizer;
- artificial leather;
- sewing machine;
- vanishing marker (crayon or remnant);
Before you sew slippers, make cutting
1. Cut the straps off the slippers.Put the right sole on the flap of artificial leather and circle it with a pencil. Do the same with the left.
2. Apply seam allowances, 1.5 centimeters will be enough. Cut out the details on the outer line.
3. Put them on a towel, circle and cut the terry elements. Do the same with the padding polyester.
4. Measure with a centimeter (around) the outer edge of the sole of the slipper and its height in the thickest place. This will be the length and height of the side part. Draw two elements on the towel, do not forget to add seam allowances (1.5 centimeters). Cut them out.
5. Cut the top of the slippers from a towel and padding polyester. Be sure to consider the centimeter seam allowance. You should have 4 terry parts and 2 sinteponovye.
6. Cut 1.5 cm of stock from the short side of the padding polyester. So he will not fall into the seam and create unnecessary thickness.
How to sew slippers? Instruction
1. Sew two double-sided parts on the short side, turn out and insert a synthetic winterizer inside. Depart from the edge of 1 centimeter and strochite detail. Repeat the same with the second top.
2. Sew a terry insole and sintepon, departing 1 centimeter from the edge.
3Attach the side terry piece in the heel area to the sole of artificial leather so that the edge of the latter protrudes 0.5 cm beyond the terry element. Lock with pins. Sew both sides. Do not forget: the seam will be held at a distance of 1 centimeter for terry cloth and 1.5 centimeters for artificial. After that, the remaining excess of the terry side part at the heel must be wrapped and sewn by hand.
4. On the base of the sole, make notches, not reaching the seam 1-3 millimeters.
5. Put the insole with padding pad down, on it - the upper part of the slipper, and on top lay the inverted sole with sewn side detail. Firmly fix and stab off, leaving a small portion in the heel area. Do the same with the second slipper.
6. Unscrew the slippers through the left heel. Stick inside the sole of the old slippers. To finally sew slippers, sew the insole with your hands to the side details.
Dare, all you get
Now you know how to sew slippers using old things. You just have to repeat all the actions described in the walkthrough, and enjoy your cozy new clothes.