How to sew a skirt-pack? Easy and simple workshop
Who among the ladies did not dream of childhood in a fluffy skirt "just like a princess"? This skirt of chiffon or tulle and today - the dream number 1 girls of all ages. You can wear it on a matinee or a birthday, for the New Year or for your aunt for a wedding ... Adult girls will not refuse such a skirt either. A corset tutu is a great outfit for a prom or a theme party. You can make such a skirt very easily and quickly. A bundle stitched together with your own hands will bring a lot of pleasure not only to its owner, but also to the author of this magical beauty.
Materials and tools
You will need tulle (tulle, organza, chiffon) or rolls 15 cm wide; elastic 2-4 cm wide, whose length is equal to the waist circumference minus 3-5 cm; satin ribbon; piece of cardboard for tulle in rolls; pencil; scissors.
Packs can be of different lengths and pomp. Before you sew a pack skirt, make the correct calculation of the amount of fabric.This will help you make this skirt as required. On average, it requires 40-60 bands with a width of 15-20 centimeters. Considering that each strip is doubled, it is necessary to prepare 60 strips (15 x 20 cm). If your fabric is 1.5 meters wide, then 10 lanes will be placed in the same row, 20 meters in 1 meter, which means you will need three meters of fabric. For adult girls, the calculation is done like this: the length of the skirt is multiplied by 2 and 5-6 cm of allowance per knot is added. A beautiful skirt will turn out from 60-80 strips, and sometimes they are made up to 120. For a skirt 50 cm long with a number of strips 60 you will need 6.5 meters of tulle.
Step-by-step instruction "How to sew a skirt-pack"
- Measure waist circumference, subtract 3-5 centimeters. Cut the resulting number of centimeters from the gum. Sew the ends by hand.
- When choosing a color, keep in mind: a bundle in the finished form will look lighter than the fabric rolled into a roll. Determine the length of the skirt, multiply by two and add the allowance - the double width of the elastic band. Get the length of one lane. Cut the required number of strips. The width of one band is most often 15-20 centimeters. But sometimes in a bundle they tie up many narrow strips 6-8 centimeters wide. Fatin cut is very easy, folded in several layers. If the fabric is in your rolls, then prepare a piece of cardboard half a strip long, and wide by 5-6 centimeters.Wind the fabric onto a cardboard template and cut it from one side. Your bands are ready. By the way, the template can also be used to cut long strips of cut tulle. Their ends can be both straight and sharp (cut diagonally or angle).
- Start tying strips. First stretch the gum over the back of the chair (as an option - on your leg). Then, folding the strip in half, make a small loop and stretch both ends of the strip through it. Do not overtighten the gum, its width should remain the same. In order to prevent the elastic from being pressed down by the tulle, lay a regular school ruler of appropriate width along it. Later, when you reach it, the knots will be smooth and beautiful. Gradually tie all the bands on the gum.
- Fist the bottom of the pack and trim the ends of the strips with scissors.
- Sew a satin ribbon to your belt and tie a bow. Everything, now you know how to sew a skirt-pack.In this lush and almost weightless skirt any girl will feel at least a ballerina or even a princess. And now you can tell a friend how to sew a skirt-pack.