How to make delicious mayonnaise at home
Hello dear readers! Continuing the culinary theme, I will tell you how to cook mayonnaise at home. I think every housewife should be able to cook this delicious sauce at home.
New dishes, sauces or appear as a result of a successful experiment of a virtuoso chef. True, some products that are popular today, appeared in interesting conditions. Often this contributed to the universal need. Among them is mayonnaise.
Cooking mayonnaise recommend in a jar, which will store the sauce.
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil - 1 cup.
- Mustard - 0.25 teaspoons.
- Salt - 2 pinches.
- Vinegar 9% - 1 tsp.
- In a jar pour vegetable oil. In a separate bowl, mix the mustard, salt and vinegar. After mixing, mix the mixture with the butter and hammer in the egg.
- Take the blender, put it in a jar, lower it to the bottom and turn it on. After ten seconds, turn off the kitchen appliances and check the density. If she's not comfortable, beat the mixture a little more. That's all.
Video recipe in 10 minutes
Having mastered the basic recipe, experiment. Change the taste by adding herbs or spices. If the fantasy is underdeveloped, continue reading the article. Next, I will share ideas for improving homemade mayonnaise.
How to make homemade mayonnaise with additives
Homemade mayonnaise - an alternative to the purchase. It is more useful because it does not contain preservatives. You can add herbs and spices to the sauce. With the help of additives get another sauce, different taste and aromatic qualities.
- Spicy mayonnaise. It goes well with grilled products. In a homemade product, add two tablespoons of chili paste and mix. If it seems too sharp, halve the amount of chili paste.
- Beet Mayonnaise. It is characterized by bright color and complements the taste of crabs and cod. 50 grams of boiled beets skip the grater and mix with mayonnaise. You can add a little salt and pepper.
- Basil Mayonnaise. Summer sauce, which I advise you to serve with ham, rice, seafood, squid and mussels. Add a spoonful of basil paste with a few chopped leaves of the plant to the dressing.
- Curry Mayonnaise. Sauce universal type, tender or spicy. Try it with beef, potatoes, chicken or turkey. To make mayonnaise, add a spoonful of curry paste.
- Horseradish Mayonnaise. Add to baked roast beef. Dressing suitable for herring, ham, smoked salmon and other fish. Add a couple of tablespoons of grated horseradish to homemade mayonnaise along with salt and pepper and mix.
- Oyster Mayonnaise. Add a little bean and oyster sauce to your homemade product. The result will be a dressing, characterized by a wonderful aroma and rich taste, which is suitable for fish shashlik or tuna. Take a spoonful of the listed ingredients.
- Asparagus Mayonnaise. Delicate taste and combined with smoked fish or asparagus. One hundred grams of boiled asparagus finely chop and add to the sauce. Take salt and pepper to taste.
- Mayonnaise with Tomatoes. The aroma of tomatoes dried in the sun is combined with pasta, mushrooms and goat cheese. In a dressing homemade, add a spoonful of pasta from dried tomatoes.
- Celery Mayonnaise. Complements chicken, rabbit, beef, baked salmon or ham. Boil the root of the plant in the amount of one hundred grams, finely grate and mix with mayonnaise.
- Mustard Mayonnaise. Granular mustard is also used as an additive.It harmonizes with avocado, chicken, celery or baked cheese. Add two tablespoons of mustard to the sauce and mix.
As you can see, it was not about those additives and fillers that manufacturers use. All listed ingredients are natural and safe for health with proper use and use.
Try these ideas in practice. Perhaps there will be independent ideas. Leave them in the comments, I will read. Cooking welcomes the sharing of experiences, and this is good.
Useful tips before cooking
If you intend to cook mayonnaise at home on the basis of shop eggs, you get a light sauce. Fixing this will help add a small amount of turmeric. The main thing is not to overdo it.
For homemade mayonnaise, olive or refined sunflower oil is suitable. Salt add a little, and sugar - guided by taste. With the help of lemon juice, acidify the dressing, and mustard will make the taste spicy.
If there is no blender and whisk by hand, make sure that the temperature of the ingredients is the same. This technique will speed up cooking.The number of ingredients is approximately. If you put more eggs, you get a more delicious and rich sauce.
What makes homemade mayonnaise from shop
Homemade mayonnaise is different from the store, as it does not include artificial additives, milk and water. The classic recipe I shared is original and corresponds to the recipe used by French culinary specialists in the 18th century.
Homemade mayonnaise is easy to prepare. Industrial analogue with him can not be compared to taste. In addition, homemade sauce does not spoil the dishes and is safe for health. There is one drawback - the shelf life is one week.
Shop product - a dubious pleasure. Beautiful packaging with olives and golden yolks is a tricky bait that often works. After reviewing the composition of the store product, it turns out that in addition to preservatives and flavoring agents, thickeners, stabilizers and other substances that prolong the shelf life are present.
If you doubt the dangers of purchased mayonnaise, try using it to clean the toilet. I assure you that the result will be no worse than if you use a cleaning agent.
Homemade mayonnaise is another matter. Refueling is made from natural ingredients, tastier and safer than the production counterpart. To make the sauce, you need simple foods and a few minutes of time. The result is a fragrant cream-colored sauce without essential oils, gelatin, synthetic starches and soy proteins.
Why cook mayonnaise yourself?
Many chefs will doubt the need to cook mayonnaise at home, as it is sold in any store. And the range in supermarkets is huge. There are reasons for this. First of all, everyone knows that manufacturers often sin, including additives in their products. Try to find on the counter the product, which does not include harmful to the body preservatives and dyes.
My friend, who works in a mayonnaise manufacturing plant, had not used the company's products before. Now she completely abandoned the purchased counterpart, replacing the home. When she shared her story, I also had a desire to start preparing a homemade product.
Make homemade mayonnaise is possible only with a blender or mixer.I cooked several times by hand, but did not achieve a good result. The taste depends on the amount of mustard and vinegar. If you put more of one of the ingredients, the dressing will inherit the smell. Even if the first time you can not cook, do not be upset, reduce or increase the amount of mustard or vinegar.
At first I was of the opinion that the density depends on the size of the egg, but over time I became convinced that this ingredient does not affect the density.
There are recipes for homemade mayonnaise, which involve the use of 3 percent vinegar. Practice has shown that liquid sauce is obtained from such vinegar essence. I do not recommend diluting the vinegar.
According to the official version, the history of mayonnaise began in 1757. In those difficult times, the British besieged the French town of Maon. Residents of the city struggled to contain the onslaught of the enemy and stubbornly restored the city walls.
For the construction and repair of walls and fortresses, egg proteins were used as a binder solution. In such conditions, the yolks accumulated in huge quantities. The French threw them away because they were spoiled.
Duke Richelieu, who commanded the French defensive forces, missed his native kitchen, which was not found in the besieged city. As a result, the duke ordered the chef to come up with a sauce based on yolks. It took the cook a few days to solve the problem, after which he offered the duke a sauce that included vinegar, yolks, mustard and olive oil. The French appreciated the dressing, which the cook called maonsky sauce or mayonnaise.
Mayonnaise is prepared quickly and simply, but this does not prevent it from being tasty and taking care of health.