How to knit bowline knots: instructions
Of all known to mankind knot bowline - one of the most reliable. It is also called arbor, universal, or the king of all nodes. Hearing one of these formulations, you can be sure - we are talking about it. Today we will understand how to knit bowline knots.
Features and benefits of the site
- The loop never tightens tightly.
- The knot does not slip along the cable.
- Such a loop will never untie itself, but it is easy to untie it manually.
- When connecting two cables with the help of an arbor unit, it is possible to achieve a reliable connection.
How to make a bowline knot
The diagram shows how to knit bowline knots. Thanks to this method it is possible to make the most reliable connection. Therefore, it is used to connect ropes and cables for the transportation of goods in the marine industry and is popular among tourists.
How to tie a bowline knot?
Many are interested: "How to knit bowline knots?". Most of our readers do not even suspect that making such a loop is much easier than it seems.
- To start, make a loop with a cross in the center.
- After that, use the fingers of your right hand to capture the place where the ropes cross.
- Turn the palm with the loop away from you.
- Thread the running end of the rope into a small hole in the center, located above the large loop.
- The running end is pulled out over the loop, we carry it out behind the rope and push it into the hole of the small loop.
- The free part of the thread must be in the loop in a position parallel to itself.
Important! To make the node reliable, sometimes another one is formed over it, a safety loop.
Knowing how to knit bowline knots, and applying this knowledge in practice, do not forget that a malformed knot can stretch or become loose at any moment. Therefore, carefully monitor the course of mating. Remember that the more practice you have, the better and faster you will be able to create a strong and reliable connection called “double bowline knot”.
Stages knitting knot around the waist
Every tourist should be able to knit a bowline knot. Therefore, use the instructions if you have to go hiking.
- Take the root end of the rope in your left hand.
- Ring the running gear of the rope around your axis with your right hand.
- Departing about 10 cm from the edge, hold the right, running end of the rope with your hand.
- Pull your left hand with the rope in a position forward in front of you.
- With the right hand with the running end of the rope clamped in it, wrap the taut root end from top to bottom and up and away. Make sure that the loop does not wrap around the brush and does not capture it completely, in which case the knot will be tied incorrectly.
- Fasten the running end of the rope around the taut root molded to the left, then intercept with your fingers of your right hand.
- Pull the right hand out of the loop while pushing the running end of the rope into the base of the small loop.
- Holding the running end with your right hand, with your left, pull the root end of the rope to tighten and secure the loop.
The knot design consists of two non-tightening loops. The use of such a scheme allows the climber to sit in one loop, while the second is covered by the body of the person under the arms. It is easy to climb rocks, cross obstacles using a cable for safety, and simply work at height using such a structure as a bowline (knot).The diagram vividly illustrates the binding sequence of the compound.
Such a knot fits on a doubled rope or cable.
How to tighten the loop?
Having inserted the running end of the rope into the small loop of the knot, extend it and, placing it around the big loop, place it in the upper part of the knot. Holding the root of the cable with one hand, with the other, pull the right side of the large double loop. Having done this manipulation, you can tighten the loop to the required level.
The disadvantages of the design related to the bowline node
The disadvantages are manifested in the need for additional fastening of the nodal connection. It is noted that sometimes a connection controlled by a node can be untied. Such cases are noted when tying the structure on a slippery fishing line or exceeding the permissible load limit.
Fishermen, sailors and tourists actively use a variety of nodes. The bowline (bowline) knot has earned particular popularity because of its durability and reliability. Using this design, you can be confident in the safety of insurance.