How to draw an elephant: the steps of building a picture and giving it a volume
Kids love to draw, so parents know that coloring is an essential attribute of every family where a child grows up. Work with paints and pencils develops the child's motor skills, his imagination, as well as his sensitivity to the outside world. Having mastered the technique of drawing animals, parents can be sure that they will have a wonderful time with their children, will give them their skills and will get a lot of pleasure from the process.
What do you need to draw an elephant with a pencil?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare relevant materials. After all, how to draw an elephant without paper and, in fact, without stylus? To work on the drawing will need soft pencils for sketches and hard - for hatching.
How to draw an elephant to an adult?
There are several ways to draw an elephant with a pencil in stages.Each of them corresponds to a certain level of ability of the artist. For example, if an adult person draws, then the following scheme may suit him:
- Take a photo of an elephant, preferably in profile, and make an outline sketch of it on paper.
- To begin with, these may simply be circles, taking into account the proportions of the animal’s body, and then they need to be “clarified” until the outlines resemble reality.
- Eraser may be required for correction.
- Having a clear outline of the body, proceed to drawing other details.
- How to draw an elephant further is a matter of each person’s personal technique, for example, you can start working on the trunk and approach the rest of the animal’s body.
- At the final stage it is required to draw shadows.
How to draw an elephant in stages: technology for children
It is much more difficult for kids to explain how to depict their favorite animals so that they look like real ones.To do this, it is not necessary to use a pencil - you can take felt-tip pens or a ballpoint pen for this purpose. Of course, the elephant will be more like a cartoon character, but the child will be pleased that the drawing is fast.So, let's consider step by step how to draw an elephant with a pencil or any other writing tool:
- Children should not wait for a long time, as they may lose patience, therefore all stages pass very quickly. The first step is to draw two circles, one of which will personify the body of the elephant, and the second - his head.
- On the head circumference, we draw (approximately in the center) an additional line so that it forms an ellipse with its upper half. This is to simplify the subsequent drawing steps.
- Next, you need to draw a line on the upper circle in the place where the forehead of the object should be located.
- From the end point of the induced forehead, draw a curved line like a wing. It will be an ear.
- Finish the head. To do this, add a second ear to the animal. Remember that it will be less than the one in the foreground.
- When the ears are drawn, you can draw a trunk that starts from the line designating the forehead.
- Add the rest of the torso. How to draw an elephant so that it looks believable? Very simple. It must be remembered that his body should be large and round. It is necessary that only three legs of the animal were clearly visible in close-up and one is barely noticeable.
- At the final stage of drawing it is necessary to add an eye with a pupil and a small tail in the back.
- The resulting elephant can be painted in any color or you can offer your child to shade it with a pencil.
We give volume to the image
How to draw an elephant with a pencil in stages, can be seen in the figure above. However, to make the image look realistic, it needs to be given volume. This effect is achieved by displaying shadows. This means that those parts of the image that are in the foreground should be lighter than the farthest. Also, the darkening of individual contours allows you to select them in space and visually adds volume.
How to draw an elephant believable? It must be remembered that the inner part of the trunk must be shaded. It is important to darken another area - the area behind the front ear. You can stop at this. If there is a desire, then you can shade the entire elephant, but at the same time more actively work through the areas described above.