How to cook paella?
Paella is the most famous Spanish dish. Virtually any products that, even a little, are combined with each other, can be part of the original recipe: meat, beans, fish, spices, various vegetables and greens. The chef is given complete freedom in the choice of ingredients for this culinary miracle.
How to cook paella without a special skillet with thick sides! It would be nice to buy a caldera - a large cast-iron griddle with two handles and low sides. It is very convenient for cooking dishes for several people at once.
Rice for Paella should not be boiled soft and should not be very loose. The most suitable varieties of rice for paella "Senia" and "Bahia" - it will be difficult to find, so take a simple steamed rice or Iberica. Black Spanish rice is replaced with wild or Thai rice, because getting a cuttlefish in order to blacken the grain with its ink is also not an easy task.An important point in the preparation of paella is that rice does not need to be washed, it is also not recommended to mix its different varieties.
How to cook paella according to the classic recipe
- Separate the legs of the chicken, then chop the meat in half.
- Heat the caldera well and then pour four tablespoons of olive oil. Lightly fried chicken.
- Take one rather large onion and finely cut it. Add a few chopped garlic cloves, and fry them all together with the chicken for a few minutes.
- Now it is necessary to crumble into cubes a few salted tomatoes, peeled.
- Then take two sweet peppers, and also diced. Add all this to our chicken. We continue to fry all together until the moment when excess moisture evaporates.
- Add salt, pepper and a couple of spoons of ground paprika to taste.
- Now we put in the caldera 200 gr. rice and begin to fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour in three glasses of ready chicken broth. Next, continue to boil the dish on low heat for half an hour.
- When the rice is already well boiled, and the broth has boiled away by this time, the time will come to add more fire.Fry the whole dish until an appetizing crust.
How to cook paella with seafood
Sea paella, the recipe of which includes rice with seafood, can be cooked with octopus, cuttlefish, mussels and Mediterranean mollusks, lobsters, shrimps. Do not forget about garlic, tomatoes, olive oil, sweet red pepper, fish broth and, most importantly, saffron, it gives the dish a refined taste, a pleasant yellowish color and delicate aroma.