How to cook beef broth. Calories, benefits and harm of broth
Beef broth is a light meat fat used in diets, digestive disorders, soups, vegetable stews, sauces, gravy. Contains a small amount of proteins and nutrients, so it is often served on the table with fillers (other products) to increase calorie content.
How to boil beef broth at home correctly? The answer is simple, cooking beef broth is a simple matter. It is enough to follow the easy rules and know the culinary tricks, which I will discuss in the article.
Home broth cooked in fresh beef meat is healthy and tasty. It does not compare with the food industry products - quick preparations in the form of bouillon cubes. Recent use is not recommended.
How and how much to cook beef broth and beef bones
Technology cooking broth great variety,Each housewife has her own recipe of cooking a rich and delicious broth, honed to perfection under specialties. But there is a general rule. For a quality product, two ingredients are needed - good meat and clean (filtered) water.
Portions of selected meat (for example, a young calf) - a great option for a gentle dietary broth with sufficient protein content. More fragrant and fatty fat is obtained by using beef on the bone, which is also suitable for cooking shurpy.
- The average time of cooking broth - 3-4 hours. It depends on the size of the pieces of beef, the thickness of the walls of the pan, the temperature set on the stove.
- The optimal proportions of water are 1: 3 and 1: 4. In the second case, the fat will turn out light, with a less pronounced taste.
- The broth on the beef vertebral bones is difficult to make transparent. More often it turns out to be muddy, so it’s better not to use it for soup, but in making sauces.
- Fresh dill and parsley - a good addition to the first dish on the basis of Navara.
- At 1 liter of water required half tablespoon of salt.
- Many housewives argue about the time of adding salt.Putting it in the beginning is to get the risk of boiling off the boil and lack of water, throwing at the end is not “pulling” the aroma out of meat and additional ingredients (vegetables), making the dish taste more bland.
Do as follows: throw a pinch at the beginning of cooking, finally salt it at the end.
The classic recipe for fragrant beef broth
- Water - 4 l.,
- Meat on the bone - 600 g.,
- Onion - 1 piece,
- Turnip - 1 piece,
- Carrot - 150 g.
- Salt large - 2 large spoons,
- Garlic - 1 thing,
- Black pepper - 6 peas,
- Ground allspice - 10 g,
- Bay leaf - 2 things,
- Cloves, celery, parsley - to taste.
- Put the beef in the pan. Pour 1 liter of water. Turn on the stove and bring to a boil. Power set at an average level.
- The first broth is turbid, with a lot of foam. Drain after 5 minutes of boiling the broth.
- I wash the meat on the bone several times. Get rid of the foam and turbidity in the pan. Pour 3 liters of cold clean water. Throw pre-washed vegetables (whole), parsley, cloves, celery and spices. Salt leave for later. I bring to a boil. I slow down the cooking temperature and leave for 60-90 minutes.
- Through a clean gauze filter fragrant broth. Add salt to taste.
- The decoction is concentrated. For soups can be diluted with water. I use boiled meat as a basis for a salad or snack.
How to make beef broth in a slow cooker
Multicooker - a useful kitchen appliance that will always help the hostess, will help in cooking the broth without removing the foam (not every model!) and add water when boiling.
- Beef on the bone - 600 g.
- Water - 1.8 l.,
- Onions - 1 piece,
- Carrot - 1 thing,
- Bay leaf - 2 things,
- Pepper, salt - to taste.
- I take the beef on the bone. So the broth will turn out to be rich. I rinse thoroughly with water, send it to the slow cooker.
- I clean vegetables, cut onions into large pieces, carrots - in circles. I pour out in the slow cooker.
- Pour water, season with spices, a little salt. I choose the mode of "quenching". Timer set at 2.5 hours.
- When draining decoction apply a sieve. Ready broth salt to taste.
How to make beef broth transparent? 6 main rules
- I carefully prepare the ingredients. Wash meat and vegetables. It is better to cook the beef whole or cut it into very large pieces so that it will be given gradually.
- I use cold water.I do not recommend putting meat at once into boiling water (to save time) if you are interested in rich, transparent and fragrant broth.
- Foam tidy as they appear. You can use a tablespoon, but it is better to work with a slotted spoon. I do not allow the foam to settle to the bottom of the pan. This will lead to damage to the taste of the finished broth.
- To give a golden color will help a small amount of onion peel or a whole onion (unpeeled).
- Boiling and strong boiling are the enemies of tasty and rich broth. I cook on slow, maximum - medium heat.
- Sieve and multi-layer gauze are great for filtering. In extreme cases, using a wet linen cloth.
Lighten broth. Little trick
To lighten the broth we will use egg eggs and proteins. Both ingredients are effective absorbents that absorb small portions of dregs and clean the decoction.
- Mutty broth - 3 l,
- Egg shell - 2 pieces,
- Egg white - 2 things,
- Lemon juice is half a teaspoon.
- Eggs are carefully washed under running water. Smash, separate the white from the yolks.
- I crush the shell with a crush, squirrels beat.Foam is needed, so I use the whisk. I add a little citric acid (for a thicker and lush foam).
- I filter the broth through a fine-mesh sieve, if not, using multi-layer gauze.
- I warm up the old fat to 60 degrees on the stove. Adding crushed eggshell and whipped whites.
- Stir well. The formation of turbid protein flakes is a sure sign of the gradual elongation of all the excess and unnecessary from the broth. I bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the temperature. I turn it off after 5 minutes and let it stand for 20 minutes.
- From above I carefully remove the coagulated protein. At the bottom there is a pronounced sediment of meat flakes and our second absorbent, the shells, so I re-filter the beef broth.
I get the output is not muddy-brown goo, and the liquid is a transparent golden color without loss of taste and aromatic qualities.
Calorie Beef Broth
The nutritional value of the broth depends on the richness, the ratio of meat and the amount of water, the quality of beef.
The average caloric content per 100 grams of beef broth is 4 kcal.
A small amount of calories due to the use of meat with a low fat content (7-12%). The indicator depends on the specific piece of beef. Broth contains only 0.2 g.fat per 100 g of product. In general, fat from beef is a dietary product.
The benefits and harm of beef broth
Broth contains the minimum amount of fat, so it is actively used in the diet, including baby food. Hot and rich beef broth helps the digestive processes, helps to restore strength. Navar is a source of microelements - phosphorus, selenium, silicon, helps with colds of mild form, strengthens the immune system.
Beef broth can be made more nutritious by adding additional ingredients - fresh vegetables.
Harm and contraindications
The harmfulness of the broth depends on the quality of the meat. It may contain antibiotics, growth hormones and other chemicals. Navar on beef bones can be a source of heavy metal salts for the human body. Negative effect on the work of the stomach with constant use.
It is necessary to take a responsible approach to the choice of meat, trust certified products. Wash thoroughly before cooking, pour out the first fat (if you are not sure of the quality of the beef), cook for a long time.
Follow the tips presented in the article, be careful and careful when cooking. You will definitely be able to cook fragrant and healthy beef broth.