How to connect Zyxel Keenetic router?
Watch the video
The Internet has become an integral part of our lives. In this regard, the market for computer equipment is filled with various devices for convenient and comfortable access to the global network. One of these devices is a router.
Today we will talk about Taiwanese manufacturer ZyXEL.
How to connect the model ZyXEL Keenetic
Connecting the router
- Unpack the box and check the contents - the router, power supply, antenna, network cable, installation disk and instructions for installing and configuring equipment.
- Connect the router and computer (laptop) with a network cable: one end of the wire goes to the LAN port of the device, and the other to the appropriate computer connector (network card).
- Connect the Internet cable to the router: to connect, you must insert the cable into the WAN port (may be called INTERNET).
- Connect the power supply unit to the router (POWER connector) and plug the power plug into the outlet.
- Connect the antenna to the router.
- Wait a few minutes for the equipment to be ready for operation.
Preparatory work before setting up equipment
- Insert the installation disk into the drive and install the program, following the instructions of the installation wizard. (If there is no disk, download drivers from the Internet by entering the brand of the router and the operating system).
- Restart your computer and wait until the operating system is fully loaded.
- Check the setting for automatic retrieval of IP and DNS addresses. (Go to the "Control Panel" and select "Network Connections". Right-click on the icon and select "Properties." to automatically receive addresses and click "OK").
Configure the router
- Go to the address bar of the browser and enter the address 192.168.1.1.
- Then you will see the authorization window: in the "Username" line, enter admin, in the "Password" line - 1234.
- Next, click "Submit" or "Login."
- Call the technical support of your Internet provider and ask to register the router (the operator may require you to dictate some characteristics, and in turn he will also provide data for further equipment setup).
- In the menu of the router, click on the "Internet" section and select the "Connection" tab.
- Check that the IP and DNS addresses are configured automatically.
- Register the MAC address of the computer or select from the drop-down list "Take from the computer".
- Next, tick the remaining items.
- Check the specifications and click "Apply".
- You can check the current connection through the "Monitor" section in the "Connect to the Internet" tab (in the router menu).
- In the menu of the router, open the "Wi-Fi network" section and select the "Connection" section.
- Turn on the wireless access point by ticking the appropriate box.
- Next in the "Network Name" enter the name.
- Then tick the box "Enable Wi-Fi mode".
- Click the "Apply" button.
- Then a dialog box will appear on the screen of the monitor - click on the "Ok" inscription.
- Next, you need to go back to the "Wi-Fi network" section and click on the "Security" tab.
- Set the necessary settings and write down the password (at least eight characters).
- Click the "Apply" button.