How to connect the pressure sensor?
November 26, 2014
How to connect the oil pressure sensor - one of the most common questions that arise for novice motorists. Consider how to do this.
Buying a tee
- First of all, after buying an oil pressure sensor, you need to understand that to connect it you need a device to which you need to attach it. The ideal option is to purchase a three-barrels, or as it is also called - tee.
- After that it is necessary to choose a location for installation of the sensor. If the device does not fit into the selected niche (for example, its diameter is slightly larger), then we remove the edging and process its edges.
- Using the necessary tools, open the hood of the car.
- Find and unscrew the device, showing the control oil pressure. As a rule, a gray-gray wire is attached to it.
- On the vacant place set three-bar.
- And already we connect the purchased oil pressure sensor and the previously twisted device to it.
- After that, we start the car.
- Make sure that everything is done correctly.
- Turn off the car, and already connect to the sensor black and gray wire, which was previously connected to the device, showing the control oil pressure.
- Next, the other end of the wire spend in the interior of the car.
- Insert the terminal into the block so that in front of it was the gray wire of the device.
- Open the safety unit and from it pull the orange wire to the sensor and install the terminal in the block in front of it.
- Next comes the turn of the wire that powers the parking lights. As a rule, it is white.
- We take it and black wire and ground them.
- After everything is set, we start the car and check the performance of the sensor.
- If everything is functioning normally, then we pull all the wires to the place of the sensor attachment, clamp all the clamps and remove the excess.