How to carve out a skirt?
Watch the video
To date, the sale presents a huge number of skirts of different styles and cut. But if you want to be original, then you can create a skirt, which will not be any of the female. Yes, and such a skirt will be less than that purchased in the store. If you want to figure out how to carve out a skirt, read our article.
We cut out a skirt
You will need:
- the cloth;
- tailor chalk / remnant;
- We fold the prepared fabric in half so that the front side is inside. This is done because all the products consist of paired parts (2 back panels and 2 front ones in a standard straight skirt), therefore, they should be cut out in pairs. At this stage it is also necessary to pay attention to the figure. In addition, you need to check the fabric for defects (if there are pieces of fabric that do not suit you, you need to lay out the pattern to bypass this area).
- Cut out a skirt (and any product) on the wrong side, so we lay out our pattern on the wrong side.We place the parts so that between them there are 2-3 cm for the allowances.
- We draw attention to the fractional thread, which is depicted on the pattern. The share thread should be parallel to the braid on the fabric.
- In order for the pattern not to move, fix it with pins on the fabric.
- Next, you need to trace the pattern in chalk along the contour and add seam allowances from 1.5 cm to 3 (depending on the thickness of the fabric).
- Before you open everything you need to check again and you can cut out a skirt.
- After the skirt is cut, it must be swept away.
If you want to know how to sew a skirt, read about it in the article How to sew a skirt.
Creating a pattern
The most difficult thing in the cut of the skirt is the preparation of the correct pattern. Pattern can be done in several ways:
- copy from mod magazine. Currently the most popularPattern magazines are Burda and Sewing and Croy. Here it is necessary to retake the pattern in accordance with your yardstick;
- create a pattern in a special program. An example would be a site. After registering in the system, you will need to enter all your measurements and select the appropriate style of skirt.The program itself will generate a skirt pattern, which you can save to a computer or print. You can also install the Patterns CAD program on your computer by downloading it from the site.
- to make a pattern of a skirt by yourself according to your standards. Depending on the previous options, this method is suitable for those masters who are well aware of the basics of building skirts.
Measurements for cutting skirts
Whichever pattern you choose, you will need the following measurements:
- Art. - half-waist. Measure your waist with a special tape or tape.The result must be divided by 2;
- Sat - half hip. Measure the most convex part of the hips, taking into account the abdomen (if any);
- Dtb - waist length to the hips. Measure from the waist to the most protruding part of the hips;
- Dsp - front length (distance from waist to floor)
- Du - the length of the skirt.
Also, do not forget about the seam allowances and freedom of fit. Depending on the silhouette and density of the fabric, the allowances can be from 0.5 to 2 centimeters.
All these measures must be considered when creating a pattern of a skirt.