Arbolitovy blocks the hands. Independent production of arbolitovy blocks
Every year you can observe an increase in the range of building materials. Naturally, they become more practical, acquire a lot of new properties. For example, you have the opportunity to see the houses of arbolitovyh blocks. Despite the unfamiliar name, this material is quite simple to use, manufacture and does not require special types of raw materials.
What is a block?
So, the presented product is an easy type of concrete. that is, a binder (cement) and an organic filler are used to make it. In order for the product to have good technical characteristics, chemical components are added to its composition. Wood is most often used as a filler. Moreover, its mass in the composition of the element is not less than 80%.
It should be noted that the houses of arbolitovyh blocks were built in the last century. That is, the production technology of this material is not so new. The most important feature of the product is that it can be done at home. That is, you can build your housing personally in every sense. Naturally, this will make construction cheaper.
Before you start making arbolitovy blocks with your own hands, you should understand what kind of advantages they have. So, among the benefits can be identified as
1. The ability to make their own.
2. Resistance to temperature changes.
3. The possibility of using plant waste (sawdust, wood chips, shredded stalks of cereals).
4. Ease of processing (blocks are easily cut).
5. Low weight.
6. Good retention fasteners.
7. No shrinkage.
8. Providing heat savings due to low thermal conductivity.
9. For finishing you can use completely different decorative coatings.
10. Ecological safety.
11. High strength.
12. Provides good air circulation in the room, does not give in to rotting.
These advantages are quite enough to understand how practical this material is.
Before making arbolitovy blocks, it is also necessary to consider their minuses:
- High degree of moisture absorption. In most cases during construction it is necessary to construct a sufficiently high foundation.
- The need for external decoration.
- Only cement mortar is used to fasten the blocks. Arbolite blocks, the disadvantages of which do not always contribute to their popularity, have some irregularities, so other adhesive substances for masonry are not suitable.
- Enough high cost.
- If you are going to buy such a product in the store, you will have to be careful not to take the fake home.
However, arbolitovy blocks, the shortcomings of which we have just considered, subject to the production technology can be the ideal material for your low-rise construction.
Spheres of application
Before you start making arbolitovy blocks with your own hands, you should consider whether it is advisable to carry out this process. For example, you need to know where they can be applied.
So, most often this material is used in low-rise construction. The fact is that a small part of the cement binder makes them not only easy to process, but also quite brittle. In this case, the strong pressure of several additional floors can make your structure less durable.
Such blocks are best suited for the construction of one- or two-storey residential buildings, barns, garages, technical premises, baths and other structures. In principle, a low-rise building will be strong enough, will not shrink, and will last a very long time. If you want to further insulate the house, then you will be able to secure substantial savings of energy and money. Although this process is not required. The construction of arbolitovy blocks significantly approximate the time when the building will be ready.
Making arbolitovyh blocks is not a difficult process. However, you need to know what technical features they have.
0.07-0.17 W / (m · K)
500 - 850 kg / m³
126 - 2000 Hz, 0.17-0.6
How to choose the right material in the store?
If you are not able to make arbolitovy blocks with your own hands, you have to buy them. However, this should be done very carefully. That is, pay attention to these indicators:
1. Chip size. The following indicators are optimal: width - 10 mm, length - 2.5 cm, thickness - 0.5 cm.
2. The quality of cement.
3. Forms for production, as well as the reputation of the manufacturer.
4. Geometry of elements. It must be correct, without flaws and irregularities.
5. Accompanying documents that the seller can provide. It is advisable to see the test report of the product and certificate of quality.
However, you can make such material yourself.
What raw materials will you need?
So, if you want to make arbolitovy blocks, their composition should be carefully examined. For work you will need:
- Organic filler: sawdust, wood chips, stalks of flax or hemp and other plants.
- Mineralizer. In order for the binder to be able to glue together the presented raw materials well and harden, you need liquid glass, chloride or calcium nitrate. Other means may be used.
- Cement (brand 500).The quality of this component must be high. Note that the cement should not be expired, as the blocks in this case can simply crumble.
In principle, this raw material is quite enough to start the production of the product.
Naturally, working with bare hands is uncomfortable and impossible. In order to make a batch of material, you will need appropriate technical equipment. So, try to prepare such equipment for the arbolite blocks:
- Concrete mixer (to obtain a solution). At home, one is enough. If it is not there, you can make the solution with your hands, but you have to work a lot to make the mixture exactly as it should.
- Forms. They may have different sizes and shapes. Basically, shapes allow making rectangular blocks. In principle, you can buy them in the store or make them yourself. The most commonly used plastic forms.
- The machine with which you can chop the chips.
- A press that will provide a good tamping material. To make the mixture as dense as possible, air should be removed from it. A vibrating table can also be used for this.
- Drying chamber. In it, the blocks will be brought to a solid state.
If you will perform all the actions in the domestic environment, then you will need the usual shovel to load the solution into the forms. To strengthen the blocks, you can use a reinforcing mesh.
Material manufacturing technology
If all the preparations have been completed and you are set to work, then you can start making arbolitovy blocks with your own hands. Naturally, to make the product durable and high-quality, you must observe the sequence of actions and the technology of the product. So let's get started:
1. To begin with, chop the organic filler thoroughly. The dimensions of the elements should not exceed a length of 2.5 cm and a thickness of 5 mm. In principle, if the particles are larger, it is not prohibited. However, the strength of the blocks will decrease.
2. In order for the wood to leave all the sugar, it should be treated with calcium chloride.
3. Next, liquid glass or another chemical substance is added to the mass, which will facilitate the bonding of the particles to each other. However, please note that its share should not exceed 4%.
4. Only after the implementation of all previous actions can the raw material be poured into a concrete mixer. At the same stage, water and cement are added to it.Here try to keep the correct proportions. That is, you need to keep the following components: cement - 3 parts, water - 4, organic - 3. The mixture should be homogeneous.
5. Now proceed to the preparation of forms. That is, the inner surface of the container should be covered with lime milk.
6. Putting the solution into the form. This should be done in layers. At the same time, each of them try to tamp as much as possible. If any violations are made at this stage, the product may fall apart long before its use. Note that the solution should not be completely filled. That is, it is necessary to leave about 2 cm from the upper edge. This niche will be filled with plaster, which will allow to level the surface of the block.
7. In this form, you must leave the form for at least 24 hours. For complete curing, the product must be dried under natural conditions. It is best to put them in piles under a canopy. For complete curing, at least 15 days should pass.
The following material can be used in construction. Naturally, only compliance with all stages of work will provide you with a quality result.